db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex O'Ree" <alexo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: switch to git?
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:20:25 GMT
I wasn't at first either. It seems unnecessary at a glance. It does greatly
simplify accepting contributions from users without commit rights. For
outside committers, they can commit as much as they need to without
affecting the baseline. Which makes things much easier for larger tasks.
Pull requests and code reviews are much simpler than reviewing a patch
file. In general, merging branches is less painful. Just my 2 cents.
History is maintained with the conversion, in case that's a concern.

So as someone that wants to contribute to this project, I'm asking the
question because it would make my life easier.