db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: fiixing JaCoCo, was: need help configuring Jenkins
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 09:41:54 GMT
Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@gmail.com> writes:

> On 11/23/17 3:39 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:

>>> As a first step, I've updated Derby-JaCoCo to use the latest version of
>>> JaCoCo (0.7.9). I did this by updating the following variables in the
>>> build section of the configuration:
>>>
>>> jacoco_version=0.7.9
>>> jacoco_zip_sha1=1d56a66be0f4a6b529d8f983ab65cc77a52cccb6
>>> jacocoant_sha1=87aa22de3854fd5a43e37a17c4b245b01a46de93
>>> jacocoagent_sha1=a6ac9cca89d889222a40dab9dd5039bfd22a4cff
>>>
>>> I had to download the JaCoCo zip file locally and extract it to
>>> calculate the SHA1 checksums of the zip file and the two jar files we
>>> need from it. The checksums are used by the build script to check if we
>>> already have the right version, or if we have to download it from Maven.
>>>
>>> I've kicked off a build, and it has already passed the point where it
>>> failed before, so maybe that's all that was needed. Let's see what
>>> happens...
>> The build job completed and produced a coverage report, so there is
>> improvement. 10 tests failed, though, so the job is still marked as
>> "unstable".
> Thanks, Knut. The failures all result from a missing FilePermission
> under DropDatabaseSetup while checking for the existence of a
> directory before deleting it. The tests work standalone on my machine.
> Do you remember if the JaCoCo test runs have their own security
> policy, which might need to be updated?

Hi Rick,

I think they use the ordinary policy files, but the extra permissions
needed for JaCoCo are guarded by the jacoco.active system property. For
example:

permission java.io.FilePermission "${jacoco.active}${user.dir}${/}*", "read, write";

When JaCoCo is active, the jacoco.active property is set to the empty
string, so that the above rule becomes equivalent to

permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.dir}${/}*", "read, write";

and thereby becomes active.

The code that sets the jacoco.active property seems to be located in
BaseTestCase and SecurityManagerSetup.

--
Knut Anders