db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: fiixing JaCoCo, was: need help configuring Jenkins
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2017 11:39:56 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:

> Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 11/22/17 12:56 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>>> Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@gmail.com> writes:
>>>> I have updated the Derby-trunk-JaCoCo configuration to use the 0.7.9
>>>> JaCoCo jars at
>>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__people.apache.org_-7Erhillegas_derby_jacoco-2Djars_&d=DwIDaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=mcFajTlbkIJ-DV-XHLk2TiSMDFfBhxQNXM5OBfEvYQ0&m=Otq7uQ72PfDMCJ4CD06LeG6bH0QqiepAX8rdSDsPTsM&s=ZhaPG5oM4BGrJfVvjLS03y6iz4nvtBip_vUHOgTHkhI&e=.
>>>> Let's see if that helps.
>>>> Does anyone know why we also have a Derby-JaCoCo job (also broken)?
>>>> Why are we running JaCoCo twice and with different scripts?
>>> Hi Rick,
>>> I did some maintenance on the Derby-JaCoCo job some years ago, after it
>>> had broken when we had moved to a newer Java version which was not
>>> supported by the JaCoCo version we were using.
>>> I remember that we had two jobs at that time too. Don't know why we had
>>> two, though. I left the Derby-trunk-JaCoCo job alone, because it
>>> appeared to be abandoned (it was disabled, I think), and also because it
>>> fetched jar files from a committer's home directory. The Derby-JaCoCo
>>> job fetched the jar files from Maven, which sounded more maintainable as
>>> it allowed others than that one committer to make updates, if required.
>>> I was actually planning to delete the Derby-trunk-JaCoCo job after a
>>> while if the Derby-JaCoCo proved to be stable. But apparently I forgot.
>> Thanks, Knut. Sounds like we should retire Derby-trunk-JaCoCo and
>> figure out how to get Derby-JaCoCo to fetch the correct version of the
>> JaCoCo jars.
> As a first step, I've updated Derby-JaCoCo to use the latest version of
> JaCoCo (0.7.9). I did this by updating the following variables in the
> build section of the configuration:
> jacoco_version=0.7.9
> jacoco_zip_sha1=1d56a66be0f4a6b529d8f983ab65cc77a52cccb6
> jacocoant_sha1=87aa22de3854fd5a43e37a17c4b245b01a46de93
> jacocoagent_sha1=a6ac9cca89d889222a40dab9dd5039bfd22a4cff
> I had to download the JaCoCo zip file locally and extract it to
> calculate the SHA1 checksums of the zip file and the two jar files we
> need from it. The checksums are used by the build script to check if we
> already have the right version, or if we have to download it from Maven.
> I've kicked off a build, and it has already passed the point where it
> failed before, so maybe that's all that was needed. Let's see what
> happens...

The build job completed and produced a coverage report, so there is
improvement. 10 tests failed, though, so the job is still marked as

Knut Anders

View raw message