db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to convert database to NATIVE authentication
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2017 02:37:32 GMT
> Afer that worked, I replaced "jdbc:derby:memory:db" with
> "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/demo4" and got the exception I'm pasting below
> this. I don´t know what I'm configuring wrong.

> Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException:
> 'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_CREATE_USER' no se reconoce como una función o
> procedimiento.

Perhaps your Derby Network Server is running an old version of Derby?

You could have multiple copies of Derby on your system, and depending on the
CLASSPATH you are not running the same version of Derby in the different tests?

Here's how to find out what version of Derby you're running:

https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/VersionInfo

I think SYSCS_CREATE_USER may have been added in Derby 10.9?

bryan