db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help configuring Jenkins
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2017 21:37:19 GMT
Thanks for digging into this, Bryan. More inline...

On 11/5/17 10:46 AM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Derby/job/Derby-trunk-JaCoCo/49/
> This build correctly used Java 9.
>
> But it did not run successfully.
>
> I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6976 to track
> this, with the following description:
>
> The output said things like:
>
>       [java] Java Result: 134
>      [junit] Exception in thread "main"
>      [junit] at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>      [junit] at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>      [junit] at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>      [junit] at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
>      [junit] at java.instrument/sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:500)
>      [junit] at java.instrument/sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:512)
>      [junit] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Class
> java/util/UUID could not be instrumented.
>
> Here, I see that to support Java 9, we need JaCoCo 0.7.8:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jacoco/Zf0Cwj13G2g/wpyrYAEECAAJ
>
> But it looks like the Jenkins job is using 0.7.6:
>
> ++ cat jacocoversion.txt
> + echo 'JaCoCo version: 0.7.6.201602180812'
> JaCoCo version: 0.7.6.201602180812
>
> Rick, this one you probably have to track as a separate issue in JIRA;
> I don't think I can control the JaCoCo version by just changing a
> Jenkins configuration. Below is what we do in our build, but obviously
> it didn't automatically move from 0.7.6 to 0.7.8:
>
> # The files here are supposed to be updated automatically twice a month.
> JACOCO_URL=http://people.apache.org/~kristwaa/derby/jacoco-jars
> #wget -q -O trunk/tools/java/jacocoagent.jar $JACOCO_URL/jacocoagent.jar
> #wget -q -O trunk/tools/java/jacocoant.jar $JACOCO_URL/jacocoant.jar
> #wget -q -O jacocoversion.txt $JACOCO_URL/jacocoversion.txt
> curl $JACOCO_URL/jacocoagent.jar > trunk/tools/java/jacocoagent.jar
> curl $JACOCO_URL/jacocoant.jar > trunk/tools/java/jacocoant.jar
> curl $JACOCO_URL/jacocoversion.txt > jacocoversion.txt
If I understand that script, our JaCoCo runs rely on an old JaCoCo
version cached on Kristian's Apache website. Here are some things we
could do:

1) Ask Kristian to upgrade the JaCoCo version in his cache.

2) Cache a newer version on my Apache website and tweak the script
accordingly.

3) Something else?

Thanks,
-Rick