db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot post a release announcement to announce@
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2017 20:14:16 GMT
Thanks, Craig and Stefan. The problem ended up being a gmail behavior,
not a Thunderbird behavior. Gmail switches your From address back to
your gmail address no matter how you try to override it via your email
tool. I managed to get the message through by sending it from my Comcast
account and overriding the From address. I have documented this behavior
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15311 and
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication

Thanks,
-Rick