db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject first rev of release announcement for 10.14.1.0
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2017 20:07:32 GMT
Here is a first draft of a release announcement for 10.14.1.0. Please
let me know how I can improve this.

Also, I need a little advice. In the past, I had to ssh to my Apache
account in order to post a release announcement to announce@apache.org.
We can no longer ssh to the Apache machines. Any recommendations about
how to post to announce@apache.org?

Thanks,
-Rick

---------------

The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce feature release 10.14.1.0.

Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.14.1.0 can be obtained from the Derby download site:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Derby 10.14.1.0 contains the following new feature:

     * ALTER TABLE cycling - The ALTER TABLE command can now change the
cycling behavior of auto-increment columns. See the section on this
statement in the Derby Reference Manual.

In addition, Derby 10.14.1.0 contains many bug, security, and
documentation fixes.

Please try out this new release.