db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First rev of 10.14.1 release notes
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 22:47:57 GMT
On 9/3/17 10:11 AM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> The release notes look great, Rick, thanks for moving this along.
>
> And the schedule is still OK for me, too.
>
> Regarding the release notes, I wonder if we've called enough attention
> to the Java 8 notification at the end of the "Overview" section.
>
> It seems clear enough, I'm just wondering if there's some way we can
> make it "jump out" at the reader.
>
> Whatever we decide, we should probably also make sure that this
> notification is visible in other places beyond the release notes,
> since (I anticipate that) once Java 9 is available, we'll have a
> certain amount of routine confusion about which release is for Java 8,
> and which for Java 9.
Thanks for raising this issue. Here's a thought: On the download page,
instead of dividing releases into the "Latest Official Releases" and
"Archived Official Releases" blocks, we could divide the releases into
blocks identified by the oldest JVM which supports them.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
-Rick