db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-5538
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2017 17:34:41 GMT
Thank you for working on Derby!

However, suggesting a change to Derby by posting a screenshot of code is
not the right process to use.

For a variety of reasons, both technical and non-technical, we have a very
specific process to use for making changes to Derby, and it is described
here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html#Contribute+Code+or+Documentation

The important parts are:
1) All contributions need to be collected as attachments to the appropriate
JIRA issue. Each JIRA issue tracks a separate Derby bug or feature that we
are working on.
2) Contributions need to be attached in "svn diff" format. Screenshots of
code are not helpful to us, unfortunately.

Again, thank you very much for working on Derby, but please help us by
trying to follow this recommended process.

thanks,

bryan