db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: checklist
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 00:44:44 GMT
On 9/27/17 5:35 PM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> Rick, where do I find the instructions about how to run regression
> tests using only the jars in the distribution? I kinda sorta vaguely
> remember how to do this, but I hunted around the wiki and elsewhere
> and couldn't find a nice clean set of instructions.
I don't know if this is documented anywhere. What I do is this:

o In my trunk sandbox,  I delete all the jars from jars/sane

o Then I fill jars/sane with the jars from the lib and test directories
of a release distribution

o Then I run my hand-written script which executes derbyAll and suites.All
> Meanwhile, I:
> - verified the signatures and checksums
> - verified the scripts were executable after extracting the
> distribution, and worked properly
> - spot-checked various parts of the release notes and documentation
> - picked a couple fixes and re-verified them in the release
> So things are looking quite good to me.
> I'll spend some more time with the release candidate over the weekend,
> but so far I have nothing (wrong) to report.
> thanks,
> bryan

View raw message