db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject I'm completely baffled by these documentation build errors on Apache Jenkins
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 04:06:05 GMT
>From staring at it for several hours, I've learned basically nothing.

The build goes to run 'ant clean all' in the docs/trunk, and the only
output is a Java usage message:

[trunk] $ /home/jenkins/tools/ant/latest/bin/ant -verbose -lib
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Derby-docs/trunk/lib clean all
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

What I've tried so far:
1) Changing the JDK used by the build from JDK 1.7 to JDK 1.8
2) Adding '-verbose' to the ant command
3) Removing '-l antoutput.log' from the ant command

None of these has provided me with any more clues.

It seems like the 'ant' shell script isn't successfully able to invoke the
underlying Java executor.

But we haven't changed anything about this part of our docs build in at
least a year.

So I'm stumped.

bryan