db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal for a Derby 10.13 release this fall
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:43:06 GMT
Hi all,

I am volunteering to manage and perform a Derby 10.13 release
sometime this fall. Rick has generously offered to mentor
and guide me through the release process, as this will be
the first release I've attempted to build.

There won't be a lot of new features in this release, so far
as I know, because the activity over the last year has been
mostly bug fixes. However, there are a number of valuable
bug fixes already present, and I'm hopeful there will be more.

And, I think it's a healthy thing for a software project
community to produce regular releases. And, I think it's
helpful to me to have my first release be a relatively small
one, so I can focus on the overall process aspects.

Please let me know your feedback and suggestions, as well
as whether you know of any particular projects that are
underway which might benefit from a certain release schedule.

I'm hoping to start this process sometime in September, but
I realize it may take some time. I anticipate the actual
release date would be sometime mid-fall.

thanks,

bryan