db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a Derby 10.13 release this fall
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 00:56:54 GMT
On 7/8/16 7:43 AM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am volunteering to manage and perform a Derby 10.13 release
> sometime this fall. Rick has generously offered to mentor
> and guide me through the release process, as this will be
> the first release I've attempted to build.
>
> There won't be a lot of new features in this release, so far
> as I know, because the activity over the last year has been
> mostly bug fixes. However, there are a number of valuable
> bug fixes already present, and I'm hopeful there will be more.
>
> And, I think it's a healthy thing for a software project
> community to produce regular releases. And, I think it's
> helpful to me to have my first release be a relatively small
> one, so I can focus on the overall process aspects.
>
> Please let me know your feedback and suggestions, as well
> as whether you know of any particular projects that are
> underway which might benefit from a certain release schedule.
>
> I'm hoping to start this process sometime in September, but
> I realize it may take some time. I anticipate the actual
> release date would be sometime mid-fall.
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

Thanks for volunteering to cat-herd a new feature release, Bryan. I
agree that the community deserves a new release after a year of
bug-fixing and some small feature development.

A good place to start would be to get everyone who has contributed over
the last year to fill in the feature table here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThirteenOneRelease. That will
give us a sense of what outstanding documentation is needed and what
kind of buddy-testing we should plan for.

Thanks!
-Rick