db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject collation/territory info -- where is it stored?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2016 16:34:40 GMT
In the context of DERBY-6890, I've been trying to understand
a little bit more about how and where the 'collation=' and
'territory=' information from the JDBC Connection URL is stored
within the database at database creation time.

I could use some advice from anyone who has a deeper understanding of
how Derby handles database collection/territory configuration.
I'm not sure if this is written up anywhere, other than at

   https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.12/devguide/cdevcollation.html

I tried poking about in the system tables, but there wasn't
anything in SYSTABLES or SYSCOLUMNS that seemed to say anything
about collation or territory information.

Which makes sense, I think, because AIUI this information isn't
specified on a table-by-table basis; it's specified once, and
applies database-wide.

So I'd like to find where that information is stored, and how
the engine picks it up, and passes it down to places like the
"collation_ids" array in impl.store.access.btree.Btree.

thanks,

bryan