db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking at DERBY-3908 (Add a mechanism for cancelling runaway transactions)
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 01:05:24 GMT

> in network mode... seems to require that the DRDAConnThread be able to receive a message
from the network
> client even while it is waiting for a statement to executed and the result transported
back to the client.

Hi Brett,

Ouch, I agree, this seems like a real challenge.

Even if the DRDAConnThread could be persuaded to do this,
I'm not sure there wouldn't be other complexities. For
instance, what if there are already some other messages "waiting in
the network" already?

Would it help to open a separate network connection instead?

That separate connection would then have to be able to indicate,
reliable, *which* connection it wanted to cancel, and then the
server, upon receiving that message, would have to hunt down that
connection and call cancel on it.

thanks,

bryan