db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can someone comment on my understanding of the code relating to DERBY-6879
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:49:03 GMT
> I see this code in XATransactionState.java:

I'm sorry, Brett, I'm really not very familiar with this code, and
my knowledge of XA is very theoretical; I've never actually used it
for a production app.

However, I wanted to suggest that you might find some insight by
looking carefully through the discussion on DERBY-2871:

Although that discussion is now 10 years old, it seems that was
the point when the "performTimeoutRollback" alterations were made.

It might be illuminating, after reading through those old notes,
to experiment with backing out that one change in your sandbox,
to see what the code looks like to you without that change.

thanks,

bryan