db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to run the test to reproduce DERBY-4091
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:35:42 GMT
> From, the classes directory of the source I am executing the above command and getting
the following error:

> java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: GRANT not allowed unless database property derby.database.sqlAuthorization
has value 'TRUE'.
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(SQLExceptionFactory.java:103)
>
> I have also copied the derby.properties with 'derby.database.sqlAuthorization' already
set to true.

Hi Sandeep,

It sounds like you didn't quite get the derby.properties file in place.

Here's what I did (after I did 'ant buildjars' to build the jars):

	mkdir tests
	cd tests
	cp /home/bpendleton/derby/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/system/mailjdbc/derby.properties
.
	export CLASSPATH=/home/bpendleton/derby/trunk/jars/sane/derbyrun.jar:/home/bpendleton/derby/trunk/jars/sane/derbyTesting.jar
	java org.apache.derbyTesting.system.mailjdbc.MailJdbc embedded

The test then prints several pages of messages about the schema
processing, and then announces:

	ij> CREATE INDEX attach_at_Index on attach(attach_id);
	0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
	ij> created the schema

and then it is running.

Perhaps you can triple-check your derby.properties file, looking
at https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.12/devguide/cdevsetprop13074.html
to ensure your file is as expected by Derby.

thanks,

bryan