db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Anjana Prakash <anjana.prak...@actian.com>
Subject RE: debugging derby code
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 04:41:45 GMT
Hi,

I am using Eclipse debugger for a copy and have installed the derby in my windows machine.
From my installed folder I start derby network server. Then from my java code call import.importTable
api of derby which I expected to come at the breakpoint in my derby code that I have in eclipse
workspace. I have not build derby and using that.

Thanks,
Anjana

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Pendleton [mailto:bpendleton.derby@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 December 2015 08:47
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: debugging derby code

> Can I start derby code in debug mode from eclipse.

Yes, that should work fine, assuming that you have the right overall configuration settings.

Derby is 100% pure Java, and any Java debugger can be used.

I often use JSwat, which is based on the Eclipse debugging engine I believe.

I have also used other Java debuggers.

Did you build Derby from source using Eclipse? Or are you trying to use the Eclipse debugger
for a copy of Derby that you built in some other fashion?

There are some general pieces of advice here:

https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby

Hope this helps,

bryan