db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Anjana Prakash <anjana.prak...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Writing user defined System procedure
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2015 19:17:03 GMT
Hi Rick,

Thanks for follow up. I am able to create the system procedure following the based on below
links. Quick question

My system procedure is accessing some of  the derby utility function. At run time of the procedure
(in ij) it fails with exception
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'org/apache/derby/impl/load/Import: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError'.

In my stored procedure jar the manifest file has class-path reference as derby.jar.
However still it fails.
I start the ij tool as
java -Dderby.system.home=D:\derby\data -jar %DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbyrun.jar ij

Appreciate help on same.

Thanks,
Anjana.

From: Rick Hillegas [mailto:rick.hillegas@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2015 9:15 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Cc: Anjana Prakash <anjana.prakash@actian.com>
Subject: Re: Writing user defined System procedure

On 12/4/15 6:38 PM, Anjana Prakash wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to write user define System Procedure . I know user define function are possible
however we are looking for calling our procedure in same way as
Existing system procedure.

Any doc or any other reference would be useful.

Thanks,
Anjana
A Derby user-defined procedure is just a public static void Java method. The syntax for declaring
a user-defined procedure may be found here: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.12/ref/rrefcreateprocedurestatement.html
More information on writing, calling, and deploying user-defined procedures may be found here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.12/devguide/cdevspecial.html

Hope this helps,
-Rick