db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Anjana Prakash <anjana.prak...@actian.com>
Subject RE: using log4j in user defined system procedure
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:26:15 GMT
Hi Rick,

Thanks for follow-up. I looked into the option of derby.stream.error.file. However there is
issue accessing this value of this in system procedure.
My requirement is in system procedure I have implemented log4j. We want all the logging from
procedure and log level should be using derby.log.
Question is

1.      Is there any logger API existing in derby that can be used in system procedure

2.      Is there is way to log to derby.log using log4j from our system procedure

3.      We have not set derby.stream.error.file i.e. want the default derby.log   Then why
is accessing value of derby.stream.error.file using system property return null.

4.      Also system procedure that refers log4j fail with classnotfound exception. Is there
is way to log4j in derby.

Appreciate guidance on same.

Thanks,
Anjana

From: Rick Hillegas [mailto:rick.hillegas@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 8:42 AM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Cc: Anjana Prakash <anjana.prakash@actian.com>
Subject: Re: using log4j in user defined system procedure

On 12/17/15 6:39 AM, Anjana Prakash wrote:

Hi ,

Does user defined system procedure enable logging using log4j. or using derby.log for logging
the output from system procedure.

Appreciate any reference on same.

Thanks
Anjana
Hi Anjana,

Take a look at the derby.stream.error properties documented at http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.12/ref/crefproper22250.html.
Your procedure should be able share the diagnostic log with the engine by setting derby.stream.error.field
or derby.stream.error.file or derby.stream.error.method.

Hope this helps,
-Rick