db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception running RunOptimizerTest
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 05:03:54 GMT
> I am getting the exception below when running RunOptimizerTest (in org.apache.derbyTesting.system.optimizer).
My goal is to step through the query compilation code to understand how it works. I am using
Java 1.8. I am using netbeans 8.0.1 and the class
> path includes derbyrun.jar  and derbyTesting.jar. Any help appreciated.

> at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.writeControlFile(LogToFile.java:2411)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.boot(LogToFile.java:3383)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(BaseMonitor.java:1986)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(TopService.java:334)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(BaseMonitor.java:537)

That's a very low-level failure.

Is this a version of Derby you built yourself? Or did you download a built version?
(If so, which version?)

Do you know what steps you followed to provoke this error?

Can you reproduce it?

Is there any chance that you ran out of disk space, or had some other
sort of hardware failure?

Is there any chance that you were debugging Derby at a very low level,
and then halted/interrupted your Derby JVM without letting it run to
a normal completion, and then tried to resume processing on the same
database?

I'm not sure what's going wrong here, but would love to learn more
about how you got to this state.

thanks,

bryan