db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing user defined System procedure
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 02:04:27 GMT
> My system procedure is accessing some of  the derby utility function. At run time of the
procedure (in ij) it fails with exception
> ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'org/apache/derby/impl/load/Import: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError'.
> In my stored procedure jar the manifest file has class-path reference as derby.jar.

Can you post the full stack trace?

NoClassDefFoundError is a fairly unusual failure. In my experience,
it generally has to do with CLASSPATH issues, and specifically with
cases where there is a subtle difference between the classes that
you compiled against, and the classes that you are running with.

For example, maybe you compiled your system procedure against a0
new version of Derby, but somehow when you are running you
are running with an older version of derby.jar.

View raw message