db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From culgr01 <grae.cul...@ca.com>
Subject Re: debugging derby code
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 13:26:22 GMT
Hi all,> From my installed folder I start derby network server. Then from my
java code call import.importTable api of derby which I expected to come at
the breakpoint in my derby code If I could jump in here, I noticed it was
hard to debug derby code in eclipse also.  It seems they compiled the code,
perhaps without line numbers.  (I am not sure about that part.)  However, I
am sure eclipse can not break at just any line in the derby source.  You can
however, break on the function calls in eclipse.  Toggle a break point on
the line of the method itself.
<http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/file/n145115/BasicDaemon.png>
After you break at a function, you can blindly step-in through the function.
It is somewhat useful, but not as nice as normal obviously.Grae