db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From culgr01 <grae.cul...@ca.com>
Subject What creates rawStoreDaemon threads in embedded derby db? (Developers)
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 18:53:47 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry, for cross posting this, but I was getting nothing in the user group.
Also, it is really more of a developer question.

The code I am working on creates embedded derby connections in an
implementation of PoolableObjectFactory.

conn = DriverManager.getConnection(jdbcProtocol+"database/CacheDB;", user,
password);

The connections are "destroyed" in destroyObject just by calling .close().

It seems to work fine, normally. However, someone else running the program
got several thousand rawStoreDaemon threads.

I can't recreate these extra threads. What's worse I can't even seem to make
more than one derby.rawStoreDaemon threads.  I have had up to 100 active
connections and several users at once, but nothing seems to even make a
second derby.rawStoreDaemon thread.

My basic question is, what makes these threads? How come there is ever more
than one?

Also, is there some safe way kill these threads?

Thanks,
GC