db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jean-Yves LINET (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DERBY-6837) ERROR 40XL1 due to incorrect lock
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 08:58:04 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6837?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14906057#comment-14906057
] 

Jean-Yves LINET commented on DERBY-6837:
----------------------------------------

DDL are executed at application lauching and there is no other activities.
For the difference between locks, in both case there is rows in the table which has exactly
the same content.

I have attached a log file in which there is ALL the sql command executed on the table.

I don't know if it will be easy to read but you can see that :
- table idaxx_sis is created
- index is created
- rows are inserted
- sequence is executed and throw a locked exception at 24-09-2015 09:42:54:940
- application is restarted
- same sequence is executed ans still throw a locked exception
- index is dropped and recreated
- the same sequence is executed without exception (and only one lock in the LOCK_TABLE)


> ERROR 40XL1 due to incorrect lock
> ---------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-6837
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6837
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: SQL
>    Affects Versions: 10.11.1.1
>         Environment: Windows 7 - Java jdk1.6.0_24 x86
>            Reporter: Jean-Yves LINET
>
> When I add an index on new created table (software installation) I get ERROR 40XL1 when
I try to update records.
> If I add the same index on software update when table has been used, I don't have the
error.
> On a new installation I have to insert rows and restart my application, before adding
the index, and then I don't have the error.
> I tried to make a small project to reproduce the bug but after two days of research I
gave up.
> Anyway I have some interesting data, I think.
> When it is working I have only one lock on the table (SYSCS_DIAG.LOCK_TABLE) :
> 4816 - TABLE - IS - IDAXX_SIS - Tablelock - GRANT - T - 1 - null
> When I have the error there is another lock on rows :
> 4756 - TABLE - IS - IDAXX_SIS - Tablelock - GRANT - T - 1 - null
> 4756 - ROW - S - IDAXX_SIS - (1,28) - GRANT - T - 1 - null
> The index column is a CHAR(1).
> I use embeddeddriver with "territory=fr_FR; collation=TERRITORY_BASED:PRIMARY" option,
but I tried without this option and the error persist.
> For now my workaround is to delay the index creation.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message