db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jean-Yves LINET (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (DERBY-6837) ERROR 40XL1 due to incorrect lock
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:09:04 GMT
Jean-Yves LINET created DERBY-6837:
--------------------------------------

             Summary: ERROR 40XL1 due to incorrect lock
                 Key: DERBY-6837
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6837
             Project: Derby
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: SQL
    Affects Versions: 10.11.1.1
         Environment: Windows 7 - Java jdk1.6.0_24 x86
            Reporter: Jean-Yves LINET


When I add an index on new created table (software installation) I get ERROR 40XL1 when I
try to update records.
If I add the same index on software update when table has been used, I don't have the error.
On a new installation I have to insert rows and restart my application, before adding the
index, and then I don't have the error.
I tried to make a small project to reproduce the bug but after two days of research I gave
up.
Anyway I have some interesting data, I think.
When it is working I have only one lock on the table (SYSCS_DIAG.LOCK_TABLE) :
4816 - TABLE - IS - IDAXX_SIS - Tablelock - GRANT - T - 1 - null
When I have the error there is another lock on rows :
4756 - TABLE - IS - IDAXX_SIS - Tablelock - GRANT - T - 1 - null
4756 - ROW - S - IDAXX_SIS - (1,28) - GRANT - T - 1 - null

The index column is a CHAR(1).
I use embeddeddriver with "territory=fr_FR; collation=TERRITORY_BASED:PRIMARY" option, but
I tried without this option and the error persist.

For now my workaround is to delayed the index creation.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message