db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: Need help understanding a database deadlock that was detected
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 22:20:33 GMT
I will try to update that shortly.   Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Pendleton [mailto:bpendleton.derby@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 11:08 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need help understanding a database deadlock that was detected

> I guess what I was expecting to  see was the statement(s) were 50631 was getting a lock
on the MANAGED_HARDWARE_SUMMARY.  I turned on statement logging and see the issue.   Your
help here on how to read this output has help quite a bit though.  I did not understand that
the output:

>>> Granted XID : {50631, X}
>
> meant that the transaction 50631 had acquired

Yes, I agree, that would make the output much easier to read and diagnose.

I think we only have easy access to the current statement, so as you say you have to look
to tools like logStatementText and the derby.log to reconstruct the history leading up to
your deadlock.

It would be cool if you could contribute some of your techniques to help improve

        http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/LockDebugging

thanks,

bryan

Canoga Perkins
20600 Prairie Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 718-6300

This e-mail and any attached document(s) is confidential and is intended only for the review
of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and discard the original message and any attachment(s).