db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: testing 10.12.1.1
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 13:41:33 GMT
Hi Alex,

I'm moving this conversation to the dev list because I think other
people may be interested in the discussion. Some responses inline...

On 9/29/15 12:54 AM, Alex wrote:
> Ok, ant testing targets are working. This is much simpler than the
> process described here
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/README.htm?view=co
> :)
>
> How do you mark RC's in svn?
After a successful vote on a RC, the release manager tags it and
publishes it. This is step 4 near the bottom of this webpage:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication. Until then, the RC
is identified merely by its subversion commit stamp (which you can view
by running org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo).
> I can't find any tags in the repository. It looks like both RC1 and
> RC2 need test coverage atm
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwelveOnePlatformTesting
A test coverage run on RC2 would be sufficient I think.
> I checked out 10.12 branch from here
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/branches/10.12, how do
> I switch between RC's?
Technically, you aren't testing the RC if you are building from the
branch. The RC is the set of distros built by the release manager and
announced when the release manager calls for a vote. At this point, I
have deleted RC1. RC2 is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.12.1.1/

If you need to set your branch to a particular commit stamp, you can use
the following subversion command:

svn checkout -r $revisionStamp

Maybe someone else kept a copy of RC1 and can use sysinfo to extract its
subversion commit stamp. According to the history on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6811, the version id on the
10.12 branch was bumped to 10.12.1.1 by revision r1702842. That happened
just after RC1 was generated. So if you set the revision stamp to
1702841, that would be pretty close to the definition of RC1.

Thanks,
-Rick