db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help understanding a database deadlock that was detected
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 03:08:12 GMT
> I guess what I was expecting to  see was the statement(s) were 50631 was getting a lock
on the MANAGED_HARDWARE_SUMMARY.  I turned on statement logging and see the issue.   Your
help here on how to read this output has help quite a bit though.  I did not understand that
the output:

>>> Granted XID : {50631, X}
>
> meant that the transaction 50631 had acquired

Yes, I agree, that would make the output much easier to read
and diagnose.

I think we only have easy access to the current statement,
so as you say you have to look to tools like logStatementText
and the derby.log to reconstruct the history leading up to
your deadlock.

It would be cool if you could contribute some of your
techniques to help improve

	http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/LockDebugging

thanks,

bryan