db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Derby dependencies on JDK-Internal APIs
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:54:39 GMT
On 6/5/15 4:12 AM, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> Thanks for getting back to us , glad to hear the current 10.11.1.1
> release looks clean.
>
> On another topic, I'm trying to get an idea about how much community
> testing is happening on JDK
> Early Access (EA) builds, and to encourage more of it to happen.
>
> Would you like me to send you availability emails for the Early Access
> builds for the various JDK 8
> updates &  JDK 9 ?
Hi Rory,

You're welcome to send this information to the community. If you need to
list a contact, you can use my name. For the time being, I will probably
just turn around and ask Oracle's Stockholm lab to install the new JVMs
and then run the Derby test suites.

I recommend that you urge your management to include Derby in the list
of big apps which are used to measure the quality of promoted builds.
Derby is, indeed, an excellent canary in the mine shaft.

Thanks,
-Rick