db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject XmlVTI.next() invocation of printStackTrace()
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 20:48:33 GMT

This method in XmlVTI is causing me a bit of a problem:

     public  boolean next() throws SQLException
     {
         try {
             if ( _rowIdx < 0 ) { readRows(); }

             if ( ++_rowIdx < _rowCount )
             {
                 parseRow( _rowIdx );
                 return true;
             }
             else { return false; }
         } catch (Throwable t)
         {
             t.printStackTrace( System.out );
             throw new SQLException( t.getMessage() );
         }
     }

Is there a compelling reason why that call to printStackTrace needs to be there?

I am exercising this code in a regression test, and provoking
an exception in it, and the unconditional printStackTrace
makes the test results rather ugly...

What would be the downside if I removed that printStackTrace() call?

thanks,

bryan