db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From BalNagendra <balnagen...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby - How to enrich database functions with Java Library
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 06:45:52 GMT
Dear All,

I am having the following problem:

Derby is good but functions which are available for database are not many.

I wanted to dump a character of its Hex value, there was no function. I had
to write a Java Program to do the same. It is a tedious process of loading
the function JAR to database and they create a database mapping to it.

Java has rich set of functions under Math, IO and UTIL libraries. Is there
any way to use them as Derby Library. I was trying to avoid mapping each of
these functions to Derby functions.

Thanks and regards