db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mamta A. Satoor (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DERBY-6725) Add a system function which returns the name of the database.
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 07:15:35 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6725?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14274824#comment-14274824

Mamta A. Satoor commented on DERBY-6725:

The issue with my jar generation was what that I was compiling with jdk1.6 rather than jdk
1.8(thanks to Myrna's comment above in narrowing down the problem). To fix the problem, I
reverted the changes that were made by jdk1.6 to *.lastcontents. Next, using jdk 1.8, I rebuilt
the sane classes and then sane jars. But the jar creation ran into expected problem because
I have added a new junit test with my changes as follows
[propertyfile] Updating property file: C:\p4clients\svnmain\client7\trunk\classes\org\apache\derby\info\tsting.properties
      [zip] Building zip: C:\p4clients\svnmain\client7\trunk\jars\insane\derbyTesting.jar

     [java] ERROR: class org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.Derby6725GetDatabaseName.class
     [java]        derbyTesting.jar was not previously there.
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception:
     [java] jar drift check failed; see DERBY-6471 for info.
     [java] See error in build output or call ant jardriftcheck.
     [java] If the new class is expected run ant refreshjardriftcheck.
     [java] NB: Run the refresh for both sane and insane builds.
     [java]     Use the highest supported JVM (currently Java 8)
     [java]      to ensure all classes are built.
     [java]     at org.apache.derbyBuild.JarDriftTest.main(Unknown Source)

To fix this, as per the instructions above, I ran ant refreshjardriftcheck and then built
the jar files and this time, the jar files got created successfully. And there was only one
.lastcontents was changed this time ( java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\lastgoodjarcontents\sane.derbyTesting.jar.lastcontents)
because of the new junit test addition. I repeated the same steps for insane jars.

The error message from refreshjardriftcheck does mention to use the highest supported JVM
but I have to admit I didn't quite understand what it meant by "to ensure all classes are
built" when I first ran into issues with jdk1.6 derby build. 

> Add a system function which returns the name of the database.
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: DERBY-6725
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6725
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: SQL
>    Affects Versions:
>            Reporter: Rick Hillegas
>            Assignee: Mamta A. Satoor
>         Attachments: DERBY6725_getdbname_patch1_diff.txt, DERBY6725_getdbname_patch1_stat.txt
> Got this request in private conversation with a user. Other databases provide this functionality.
Seems straightforward to add.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message