db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure replication?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 21:05:39 GMT
On 1/29/15 8:12 AM, vtkougrr wrote:
> I'm using embedded Derby in a secure environment (FIPS).  I would like to
> enable replication to provide failover support, but I need to better
> understand the security of the connections used during replication.  Can the
> replication connection be encrypted?
I have not tried this. However, in theory, ordinary Java SSL/TLS
encryption ought to work. You may need to boot both sides of the
connection with the Derby "-ssl peerAuthentication" flag. For more
information on protecting Derby network connections, see the section on
"Configuring SSL/TLS" in the Derby Security Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.11/security/csecssl.html

Hope this helps,
-Rick