db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Raquel Pau <r...@ac.upc.edu>
Subject development environment
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:28:25 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to configure the project inside eclipse, but the code does
not compile. In fact, I have followed the instructions of building derby
with the latest version ant and Java (8) without success.

Specifically, these instructions:

  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/BUILDING.html?view=co#Customized Build

When I execute "ant -quiet buildSource" theere are errors regarding the
JavacParser.

I have tried to import the projects through Maven, but the system does
not find any source file. If I added the foulders manually, there are
some errors, specially the tools module
(org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij). There are missing imports and the API
does not correspond with the current version of the code. Specifically
the "ij" class.

I have tried both steps using the 10.11.1.1 and 10.10.2.0 closed
versions (tags).

Another question. I am interested in overwride the behavior of derby
when a query arrives to the server, because I will receive a query into
another language and I will transform it into a derby (SQL) query. Do
you know which is the class that process a query (parses and interpretes
it)?

Thank you in advance,

Raquel