db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject testing crash recovery
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:14:33 GMT
I would like to understand what additional testing of the release
candidate should be performed in order to satisfy the checklist item
called "Recovery after crashing engine". Various recovery tests are run
as part of our platform release tests, but it I don't see any tests for
crash recovery.

We do have a crash recovery test for encrypted databases
(CryptoCrashRecovery), but that only runs on debug jars. So it has only
been exercised by nightly/continuousIntegration tests on the 10.11
branch, not on the release candidate itself.

I have some questions for the Store experts:

1) Does "Recovery after crashing engine" mean running
CryptoCrashRecovery on the debug distribution of 10.11.1.1?

2) Does it entail some other, formal tests?

3) Or is it meant to cover some other ad-hoc tests which are run by hand
and are not checked in under subversion?

Thanks,
-Rick