db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [Java DB - testing] Error nightly trunk (rev 1609717)
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 12:17:48 GMT
On 7/14/14 1:58 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Rick Hillegas<rick.hillegas@oracle.com>  writes:
>
>> On 7/11/14 11:20 PM, ingemar.aberg@oracle.com wrote:
>>> Java DB testing and reporting infrastructure.
>>>
>>> Error nightly trunk (rev 1609717)
>>>
>>> There were execution errors and/or timeouts.
>>> There were at least 484 failures.
>>>
>>> Test report:  http://download.java.net/javadesktop/derby/request_5593747
>>>
>> Any theories about why we're getting security manager errors and
>> broken upgrade tests on all platforms? I don't think that I can build
>> a release candidate with the tests in this condition.
> At least some of these seem to be caused by the new test for DERBY-6617.
> I've posted more details on that issue.
Thanks, Knut. I see that you have checked in a fix for
MissingPermissionsTest. I'm hopeful about the continuous test run kicked
off by that fix: it has run cleanly on ia32_jdk7, one of the platforms
which was showing errors in the nightly tests. The description of your
fix sounds as though it affects the upgrade tests as well as
MissingPermissionsTest since the fix involves the setup for tests which
spawn a new JVM.

If that continuous test run completes cleanly, then I will go ahead and
create a 10.11 branch and a release candidate.

Thanks,
-Rick