db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding a new contributor to the Derby wiki
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:44:13 GMT
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com>wrote:

> The Derby wiki was locked down in order to stop an automated spam attack.
> I believe the lockdown was done under this JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6125. If I understand
> correctly, there are now two groups with write access to the Derby wiki:
>
> o An Admin group which consists of the active Derby committers at the time
> INFRA-6125 was created. I think that we need to add Dyre to this group now.
>
> o A Contributor group. Right now the only member of this group is Ingemar.
> But a couple other users are now requesting contributor rights.
>
> I can't figure out how to add other names to these groups. Since I'm in
> the Admin group, I assume I have this ability. I just don't know how to
> exercise it. Does anyone know how this is done? If I don't hear back in a
> day, I will post this question to the infrastructure list.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for responding to those users...
I see Knut Anders already took care of this.
The trick I used is to go to the wiki site index
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TitleIndex, and find the appropriate group
page (Contributorgroup, in this case). People that are on the Admingroup
can modify those pages.

I had added a line about sending email to derbydev to get access to update
the wiki to the 'Welcome to Derby' wiki page (
https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/FrontPage, first bullet under 'How to use
this site'). But perhaps that wasn't enough?

What is Dyre's wiki page user name?

Myrna