db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldv...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: adding a new contributor to the Derby wiki
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:38:43 GMT
Thanks, Rick!

On 5. des. 2013, at 16:32, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 12/4/13 8:44 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com <mailto:rick.hillegas@oracle.com>>
wrote:

>>    The Derby wiki was locked down in order to stop an automated spam
>>    attack. I believe the lockdown was done under this JIRA:
>>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6125. If I understand
>>    correctly, there are now two groups with write access to the Derby
>>    wiki:
>>
>>    o An Admin group which consists of the active Derby committers at
>>    the time INFRA-6125 was created. I think that we need to add Dyre
>>    to this group now.
>>
>>    o A Contributor group. Right now the only member of this group is
>>    Ingemar. But a couple other users are now requesting contributor
>>    rights.
>>
>>    I can't figure out how to add other names to these groups. Since
>>    I'm in the Admin group, I assume I have this ability. I just don't
>>    know how to exercise it. Does anyone know how this is done? If I
>>    don't hear back in a day, I will post this question to the
>>    infrastructure list.
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>    -Rick
>>

>> Hi Rick,
>>
>> Thanks for responding to those users...
>> I see Knut Anders already took care of this.
>> The trick I used is to go to the wiki site index https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TitleIndex,
and find the appropriate group page (Contributorgroup, in this case). People that are on the
Admingroup can modify those pages.

>> I had added a line about sending email to derbydev to get access to update the wiki
to the 'Welcome to Derby' wiki page (https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/FrontPage, first bullet
under 'How to use this site'). But perhaps that wasn't enough?

>> What is Dyre's wiki page user name?
>>
>> Myrna
>>
> Thanks for those instructions, Myrna. I have added Dyre to the Admin group and Patrick
and John to the Contributors group.