db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: JavaDB Nightly and Compatibility Testing and DERBY-2446
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:35:50 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed the JavaDB testing has not been updated since October 14.
>
> Kristian rewrote the CompatibilityTest suite with DERBY-2076, and in
> line of DERBY-2446 I removed the old 'compatibilityTest' suite (it was
> under functionTests/junitTests).
> I did look for the compatibility suite test runs under the JavaDB
> testing, but did not find a link at the time. I also asked in a
> comment whether anyone was still running it, but I did not send out a
> separate email at that time. So after a while I went ahead and
> committed.
>
> Then the automatic testing of this suite failed (see nabble:
> http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Java-DB-testing-Error-nightly-
> trunk-rev-1531730-tt134705.html) and I replied to that mail asking if
> I should put the test back, but again, I didn't get a response.
>
> So worrying that people have got filters on these emails, I'm now
> sending a separate email;
> - Does anyone want to continue running the old CompatibilitySuite?

I think the old compatibility suite had some functionality for mixing
JVM versions that has not been added to the compatibility tests in
suites.All yet. But the old compatibility tests have had a low
signal-to-noise ratio, and they were hard to debug, so I'm not sure it's
worth the trouble to resurrect them at this point.

> I can undo my changes for DERBY-2446.
> I also wonder what the schedule for running those tests was.
> - What happened to the nightly JavaDB testing?
> It's not been updated since Oct 14. Did I completely break things?

They are supposed to run every day, as long as there has been a commit
since the previous test cycle. It looks like the tests have been running
after Oct 14, but the reports haven't been generated. I've pinged
Ingemar and asked if the compatibility test runs could be disabled and
the reporting scripts brought back to life.

--
Knut Anders