db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene integration demo
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:41:51 GMT
Hi derby-dev! (resending, looks like attachments didn't go through)

I had a couple of free afternoons and so I took a swing at a simple
lucene integration demo, since full-text search is the most requested
Derby feature. Linked at the bottom is my very rough but working
results. I don't know how much time I'll have to continue working on
it, but I thought maybe if I could produce at least a working demo
then maybe that could get the ball rolling. I could certainly at least
clean this up to the Derby code standards and put together a wiki page
or primer and this could be included in the demo package at least. :-)

I realized as I was typing this that the test data I was using might
be considered copyrighted. So I put the ij script in my personal
directory here:

http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/lucene_titles.sql

until I can find some public domain data. That includes some queries
that give you an idea of what is possible. I attached one query with
results as lucene_query.txt so you could see some results without
having to apply the patch and run a build. Speaking of which, to
build, you'll need to drop the lucene-core, lucene-analyzers-common,
and lucene-queryparsers jars from lucene-4.5.0 into tools/java after
applying the patch to build (although it shouldn't break your build
after applying the patch if you don't).

Anyway, enjoy, and let me know what you think. Since attachments
didn't go through, patch and example query run is here:

http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/lucene_demo.diff
http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/lucene_query.txt

cheers,
andrew