db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: What is the procedure for supplying a patch for the tests for issue DERBY-6350
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:47:05 GMT
Okay, I attached the patch to DERBY-6350.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Me [mailto:m.v.lunteren@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 12:13 PM
To: <derby-dev@db.apache.org>
Subject: Re: What is the procedure for supplying a patch for the tests for issue DERBY-6350

There is no hard rule about this...
I think sometimes the connection between a failing test and the commit that caused the failure
is not so clear, and someone might report the test failure in a new issue and postone identifying
the commit that caused it. In that case we link the issues, and the patch for the test would
go with the test failure issue...
In this case, attaching it to the original issue sounds fine to me too.

Myrna

On Oct 27, 2013, at 3:50 PM, Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@oracle.com> wrote:

> I don’t think there needs to be as strict 1-1 mapping between Jira-number and patches/commits,
so if the test patch is related I’d say go ahead and attach it to the existing issue.

> On 27. okt. 2013, at 23:19, Bergquist, Brett <BBergquist@canoga.com> wrote:
>
>> I modified the ErrorStreamTest.java to cleanup the log files that are causing an
error because of the order the tests are run.   Do I supply this as a patch to DERBY-6350
or is another JIRA opened and the patch attached there?