db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Bernwieser" <j.bernwie...@gmx.de>
Subject generated code in derby
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:09:50 GMT
Hi there,
I am currently doing my Bachelor thesis at TU Munich, at the Software
Engineering chair of Prof. Broy.

The goal of this thesis is to create a tool to automatically categorize
source code in open source software. Different categories will be "test
code", "generated code" and "productive code" to better evaluate and use the
results of quality-check techniques. (Static analyses might detect certain
quality problems even though they're not relevant for a certain code
category. One example would be the amount of clones found in a project. It
has to be checked what kind of category the evaluated code belongs to as
clones aren't causing quality issues if they occur in "generated code".)

In order to create and test heuristics to identify code categories, I first
need to create manually a collection of different projects (or classes to be
more specific) I actually know about what kind of category they belong to.

While manually going through the derby project I found generated files in
the following directories:

*
derby\derby-10.6.1.0\src\db-derby-10.6.1.0-src\java\engine\org\apache\derby\
impl\sql\compile\

*
derby\derby-10.6.1.0\src\db-derby-10.6.1.0-src\java\tools\org\apache\derby\i
mpl\tools\ij\

Are there any other generated classes I didn't recognize?

Thanks you for your help.
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards,

Jonathan