Hi Mamta,

Does it need to be a writeable database? Otherwise, perhaps you can do something with putting a database in a jar, and connecting to that?

Myrna

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am working on DERBY-6317(Optmizer can choose the wrong path when BTreeCostController.java returns an estimate cost and row count of 0.0) and have a stand alone reproducible test case. The program has to create a very large db to reproduce the problem.

Now, I am working on writing a junit test and having the junit test create a similar db but the problem does not reproduce. I am wondering if it is possible(for experimental purposes) for the junit test to pick up an existing db(the one I have created from stand alone reproducible case) and run the test fixtures against it to reproduce the problem. This will verify for me that the test fixture is working fine when working against a known reproducible db.

thanks,
Mamta