db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Triggers should be fired in the order they were created?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 00:40:25 GMT
Hi,

I am working on DERBY-5866(
testFiringConstraintOrder(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.TriggerTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
matching triggers need to be fired in order creation:1,NO CASCADE
BEFORE,DELETE,ROW). The test fixture testFiringConstraintOrder creates
handful of triggers of various types and expects that the triggers will be
fired in the order they were created. Intermittently, the test fails
because the order of firing does not match order of creation. I will change
the test such that the next intermittent failure will leave a database
behind for further debugging. But I was wondering if anyone knows of a
scenario when order of firing might not be same as order of creation. Or
possibly, this is a bug?

thanks,
Mamta