db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Can a junit test pick up an existing db(rather than creating one itself) and run the test fixtures against it?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 16:23:56 GMT
Hi,

I am working on DERBY-6317(Optmizer can choose the wrong path when
BTreeCostController.java returns an estimate cost and row count of 0.0) and
have a stand alone reproducible test case. The program has to create a very
large db to reproduce the problem.

Now, I am working on writing a junit test and having the junit test create
a similar db but the problem does not reproduce. I am wondering if it is
possible(for experimental purposes) for the junit test to pick up an
existing db(the one I have created from stand alone reproducible case) and
run the test fixtures against it to reproduce the problem. This will verify
for me that the test fixture is working fine when working against a known
reproducible db.

thanks,
Mamta