db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.10.2 release plans
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:45:42 GMT
Thank you for responding...

I'll update the wiki page...
I intend to pick this up next year, then.

Myrna


On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Kim Haase <camilla.haase@oracle.com> wrote:

> +1.
>
> (With this delay, I can continue to backport relevant doc bug fixes to
> 10.10.)
>
> Kim
>
>
> On 8/21/2013 1:40 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I volunteered to do be release manager for a release in September,
>> I assumed there would be a binary 1.8 JDK available...
>> However, Oracle has postponed their 1.8 (to Q1 2014, I believe) and I
>> think IBM's will be later also.
>>
>> Rick built OpenJDK 8 to produce the 10.10.1.1 release, but I looked over
>> the steps, and it's more than I bargained for.
>>
>> So, I prefer to postpone the 10.10.2 until there are generally available
>> binary releases (i.e. not with the restrictions of the prereleases) of
>> 1.8 JDK. This likely means Q1 2014.
>> Opinions, thoughts?
>>
>> Thx,
>> Myrna
>>
>

Mime
View raw message