db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kim Haase <camilla.ha...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: First draft release notes 10.10.2
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:00:50 GMT
On 8/16/2013 8:36 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks, Myrna. These release notes look good to me. One comment inline...
>
> On 8/15/13 4:34 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Attached are the draft release notes for 10.10.2.
>> It actually says 10.10.1.3 until I merge the releases in JIRA.
>>
>> Please let me know if you see any irregularities, or if you think that
>> there are bugs missing that should've been here.
>>
>> One thing I noticed is that the RN says 'Derby release 10.10.1.3
>> introduces the following new features and incompatibilities'. As we
>> don't have new features, that's not the right wording. But it's not in
>> releaseSummary.xml, so I'll have to track down where that comes from.
> This text is hardcoded in
> org.apache.derbyBuild.ReleaseNotesGenerator.buildReleaseNoteIssuesList().

We always seem to leave that sentence in for bug-fix releases, for some
reason -- it appears in the 10.8.3.0 and 10.6.2.1 release notes too.
However, it's certainly inaccurate. Very acute of you to notice.

The release notes look fine to me -- they mention all the doc fixes I
know of. Thanks a lot for managing this release!

Kim