db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Madushanka Fonseka <madushan...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Innovating Apache Derby for Intelligent Querying
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:13:27 GMT
Hi Rick,

Thank you very much for ya response and using jad I could get hold of
those generated class. I am still analysing those classes and
mechanisms which are in coperated in excuting statements.

I'm involved in enabling fuzzy query in derby and so far compilation of
statements has been successful. I'm stuck in fetching data.

I'll let you know more information.
The Link you shared with me was very helpful and I would be pleased if
you could share more stuff with me.

Thank you very much

Madushanka Fonseka,
Senior Engineer - Technology,
Virtusa Inc.
Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Rick Hillegas
Sent: 23/07/2013 18:59
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Innovating Apache Derby for Intelligent Querying
Hi Madushanka,

Glad to hear that you're digging into the code. We can probably help you
dig deeper if you can give us more information about what's blocking
your progress. More comments inline...

On 7/22/13 12:58 PM, Madushanka Fonseka wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have studied the Implementations/Machinery in Compile, Execute,
> Store packages and been able to catch up with the call hierarchy and
> process  using debug.properties.
>
> I also have worked out the bnf grammar file and I have developed my
> own one to support intelligent querying.
Let us know if there's anything you want to contribute to Derby in this
area.

> I am little dark on using reflection in *Activation *class which plays
> the key role in data fetching.
For each query, Derby compiles a generated class which extends
BaseActivation. As you noted, the actual peeking and poking of data in
rows happens inside the generated byte code. For help on looking inside
the generated code, see http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DumpClassFile

> I have fully understanding on Paging and B+ tree stuff. But I am
> confused with how *GenericLanguageConnectionContext * handles
> transactions with raw package.
Can you give us more detail about what's confusing?

Thanks,
-Rick