db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject [vote]Re: Should DERBY take advantage of infra's offer of some svn/JIRA integration
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 16:23:20 GMT
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com>wrote:

> I agree with Knut that this is a procedural issue which could be handled
> by a lazy consensus vote: http://www.apache.org/**foundation/voting.html<http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>.
Although we've been discussing the topic for a couple days, we haven't
> done so under the aegis of a formal vote. Thanks to Myrna for offering to
> call the lazy consensus vote and then file the INFRA issue afterward. The
> vote will only add 72 hours of delay to the process.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

It's not actually clear to me whether for a lazy consensus vote on a
procedural issue, you should include 'vote' in the subject, but I did - I
now officially state that if no one objects within 3 days, I'll go ahead
and log a JIRA issue for INFRA to implement the svn/jira changes described
on http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html.

Note that this will only apply to commits going forward. Mike did ask infra
about going backwards, and they came back with the following:
"Someone should be able to whip up a script to
retroactively update jiras with commit information by adding comments...

I don't think infra needs to be involved in this, even, except perhaps
if the script author will accidentally get himself banned for abuse."

So if someone wants to figure out how to make such a script please
volunteer, for now this will only affect commits going forward.

Myrna